Monday, December 05, 2005

Thailand is Closed Today

8am, 5 December Monday
Not really, it is a national holiday today...the King's Birthday so their are no tours of the Grand Palace and the main large Wat (temple complex) on the Palace grounds. Bars and clubs are also closed today. The King is held in great respect in Thailand.

My luggage arrived this morning at 3am as promised....24 hours after I arrived. That's good.

Last evening I took a cab to one of the nitelife districts for dinner and "exploration". The taxis here are very cheap..the ride from the airport was $11; to the nitelife district it was $1.30! A real car! Not the motorcycle pulled rickshaw they call a tuk-tuk. I will take my camera today and take a picture of a tuk-tuk. "tuk-tuk" is the sound that the motorcycle makes as it hauls you and a friend around.

No comments: