Saturday, December 03, 2005

I Made It to Asia

I'm sitting in the Korean Airlines (KAL) Business Class Lounge with a wireless internet connection muching on some Korean mystery snacks and Coca Cola. The 12 hour flight from LAX was good. I was well fed..lunch and dinner with some snacks between. Comfortable, not luxurious seats with plenty of room. Very eager to please cabin staff.

The flight from San Diego to LAX was a source of concern and stress. Morning fog along the So Cal coast caused delays so my 26 minute flight was delayed an hour. So I had an hour to get to the International Terminal. Unfortunately 15 minutes of that time was spent trying to find my carry-on backpack as they had to check it in the baggage compartment because I discovered that the overhead compartments in the small regional jet were not large enough. And when we landed in LAX, they couldn't find it! The first American Eagle person gave one of those I-don't-give-a-shit looks and futzed around. Meanwhile another more experienced gate staffperson went back and found it deep in the baggage comparment in a cubbyhole. Good thing because I had all my diabetes pills, hypertension and cholesterol pills in that bag. Then I had to run/walk to the KAL desk at the international terminal. I got there 25 minutes before take-off, it was empty except for 2 airline ladies who whisked me thru check-in and accompanied me down the hall to the head of the security line. I got to the gate in time as one of the last to board. I don't need that stress. I love punctuality.


In 2 hours I leave on a 6 hour flight to Bangkok arriving there at 1230am. Since my baggage was checked thru form San diego, I am hoping it made it over to KAL at LAX in time to make the trip with me!

No comments: