Tuesday, December 06, 2005






























Yesterday, I took a ride on the public boat along the Chao Praya River and saw some temples and other boat traffic. There are many magnificent hotels and high-rise residential buildings on the river bank. The breeze as the boat cruises along is very cooling in the humid air. Also went to Dusit Park and visited the "big house" It is a 80 room teak-wood house that one of the Kings from early 1900's lived in. It is decorated in cooling pastel shades of green and pink and purple and painted a light gold color on the outside...that's me standing in front of it. To visit it you must remove your shoes and can't wear shorts out of respect for the Royal family. If you show up with shorts, they have sarongs that they loan you to cover your legs so you can visit.

I had a nice dinner at Anna's Cafe (yes, named after that Anna from the "King and I") of real Thai food...beef curry, shrimp padthai, ground fried catfish and fried fish cakes. And then early to bed. I went to the Hotel gym this morning and I seem oriented to Thai time now.

No comments: