Friday, December 19, 2008

The Trip is Winding Down

Friday afternoon, December 19

The trip is winding down. I am in Pattaya until I leave at 6:40am on Tuesday from Bangkok. I will have to leave the hotel for the airport at 4:00am since the airport is an hour's drive from Pattaya. So I have decided to post a few assorted photos that were of interest.

First there are 2 signs in "Engrish". Throughout Asia there are attempted English translation of notices in the native language that achieve a strange if not hilarious meaning. There is a fun (for non-Asians) website dedicated to this phenomenon: http://www.engrish.com/



Along the beaches one sees these strange-looking structures:
They are part of the Tsunami Warning System....with sirens and loudspeakers to warn of an approaching tsunami or an event that may trigger one such as an offshore earthquake. There are also signs advising if an eveacuation route to higher, safer ground.


This is a photo of a statue at Wat Po. I thought the stylish hat deserved attention.

The moderate weather has continued throughout the month. But I hear it has been cold and rainy back home in San Diego. I hope I bring good weather home with me.

1 comment:

SD CAL 19 said...

There are some funny signs down in TJ too. One was "why go? Have another their beer!"