Thursday, December 14, 2006

Relaxing in Pattaya

Thursday morning, December 14

My last week in South East Asia is at the Marriott Resort & Spa in Pattaya, Thailand.

Pattaya is a beach town 2 hours southeast of Bangkok populated with assorted characters. It was popular with American GIs on leave 35 years ago and it has grown to the largest beach resort in Asia. It has local Thais on holiday, as well as other Asians especially Japanese and Koreans on tour, and a slew of expatriates living here for various reasons......cheap retirement, easy sex and alcohol, etc. There are many Brits, Russians and Germans as well as some Americans.

My day here consists of late wake-up, going to the hotel gym for 30+ minutes on the exercise bike and some light free weights, then lunch and then going to the beach where I rent a chair under the umbrellas, get a massage and get served refreshments. Then back to the hotel for a swim in the pool and nap. And then dinner and sampling the nitelife. So far, I'm not bored but there are about 15 golf courses near Pattaya that are inexpensive if I want. Golf is extremely popular in Thailand even before Tiger Woods and his Thai mother.

A panorama of the beach here (click to enlarge) :


A view from my beach chair:


And a Thai beach massage boy attending to a customer:
I'm not sure whether I will add another post, since life is very similar each day. I return on Monday.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Jan,
I love your pictures which were taken at the Tiger Temple. Excellent!
Could you post more your photos? Let me know.

Thanks,

Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi JSV

The guy receiving the massage is Gorgeous. Did you take a contact number?