Sunday, January 12, 2014

Luang Prabang, Day 3, Around Town


On the 3rd day a local friend and I got on his motorbike and visited several places in and just out of town. We climbed Phou Si a large hill/mountain in the center of town and visited the National Museum grounds. As well, we visited a couple of temples and village outside of the city.

A view of the Khan River from the top of Phou Si:

And me on top too:


The stairs that lead to the top...good work out:


On the way down the other side there were several gardens of Buddhas:
My friend had a nice Canon DSLR camera and because of that I have several photos of me!

On the National Museum grounds is a temple that is the home of the Phra Bang... a small, buddha that has been stolen fought over many times. No photos of it allowed but the building housing it was beautiful:

Outside the Museum entrance were some typical vendors selling local oranges:

And one of their children:


After the Museum, we got on the motobike for about  15 minutes to visit a temple that we could see from a distance from the top of Phou Si.  The interior was decorated beautifully:


And the exterior with me looking out a window on the 2nd of 4 floors:


From there we motobiked to a nearby village on the Khan River where various crafts were made:

And my friend and guide in another shop:
On the way back to town we stopped for a tranquil view of the Khan River flowing into the Mekong River:


1 comment:

Calogero - CMTravelAnd said...

Really nice pics. I am also on SD. How are you?