Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chatuchak Weekend Market


During my last week in Bangkok after Myanmar, my friend Aong took me to the famous Chatuchak Market in the north side of the city. I had never been there before and we went on Sunday morning.
This place has everything for sale. Food, clothes, souvenirs at great prices. Some stuff is just junk and some stuff is quality.
But people watching was probably the most interesting thing.

A little guy playing a bamboo flute hoping to get donations:

Hats:

Signs:


Fruit:

Restaurants:

Drinks:

Clothes:

More hats:


Tasteful, high fashion clothes:

And a rabbit in a skirt:

2 comments:

khunbaobao said...

Again a colorful assortment of images from this massive market. So far I've not been able to capture a picture that conveys how terribly HOT it can be there at noontime or in the early afternoon, but I'll take another stab at it in another month or so when I'm back there.

I enjoy your posts!
bao-bao

Calogero said...

Very nice photos!