Monday, December 19, 2011

Settling into Bangkok

Since I've been here in Bangkok so many times, I don't have a lot of new things to photograph. I got here on Thursday morning after a 17 1/2 hr flight in the Premium Economy section of the nonstop THAI Airways flight. I took a short nap that afternoon and went to bed for the nite at a bit later than my normal bedtime since I went out.
I'm staying in a different neighborhood than I have before. I tried a type of accommodation that is common in BKK- a serviced apartment. It's the price of a nice hotel but with separate living area, bedroom and a kitchen; it's for usually longer stays of businessmen. I'll be here 11 days.


I met my Cousin Jean the second day for lunch at a nice French restaurant. I brought her a load of nutritional items and spices from Trader Joe's that she had requested. I transfered the goods to her and we had a nice lunch and visit. She invited me to a Hannukah Party this week that a group of Jewish expatriates are having; I accepted because it might be interesting to see how the Jewish community in Bangkok celebrates. That will be tomorrow.

No comments: