Friday, November 20, 2009

Jakarta, Java, Indonesia


Friday morning, 20 November 2009

After 2 days in Bangkok recovering from the flight over to Asia, yesterday I flew thru a connection in Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta arriving last nite (Photo above from the hotel room). Plan is to stay one day in Jakarta and then take 2 days driving thru the rainforests and volcanoes of central Java and finish with 3 days around the cultural capital of Java around Yogyakarta. Then will fly off to Bali for 5 days. I am getting out my camera today so will try to start posting photos. I will be traveling on Java with my friend Danny from San Diego who is back in his native Indonesia visiting his faily for a few months. We will travel with his brother and nephew in one of their cars.

I arrived in Bangkok at 6 am after 17 1/2 hours in the plane from LAX. My room at the hotel was ready when I arrived at 8am so I could shower and nap.
That first day in Bangkok, I had lunch again with my 82 yo cousin Jean at the Italian restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel. She is doing very well.
I went out that evening so I could go to bed at bedtime in my new time zone.
The second day I met with my friend Aong and his buddies for dinner, a few games of pool and a couple of hours of kareoke at a bar.
Tomorrow we go off into central Java...hopefully decent weather and good photos.

No comments: