Friday, December 07, 2007

Bangkok Interlude

Friday morning, 7 December

I've been in Bangkok the past 2 days resting from a busy 2 weeks in Viet Nam. Yesterday I had a vacation day from my vacation. I slept late and went to the hotel gym to exercize and laid by the pool for 30 minutes. Then showered and walked over to the most amazing shopping mall I have ever seen- the Siam Paragon. I found Burger King and lunched on a double whopper (no cheese or bacon) fries and a Coke Zero. Then went up to the 6th floor Cineplex and watched a terrible movie, "The Golden Compass". After I went down a couple of floors and checked out the cars- Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, BMW, Bentley, Jaguar- all have small showrooms. I then went to a bookstore and got a paperback for later in the trip. A Dairy Queen Blizzard ended my stay at the Mall. Back to the hotel for a rest. in the evening I took the SkyTrain and then a taxi to meet my Cousin Jean for dinner. She is my 80yo second cousin who has lived here for 10 years teaching English. She is always interesting.

Today I take the plane to the beach resort of Phuket for a week. Maybe some pictures later in the week.

1 comment:

SD CAL 19 said...

"Phuket"? Sounds like a laid back place. Take it easy on the double whoppers!